Timothy D. Mills
Principal, Project Manager, Mechanical Design and Software Engineer, Systems Manager.
Pratt Institute, New York, New York
Tim Mills started working as a software engineer for Geiger Associates in 1980. Previously he was a Senior Lab Technician at Creare Engineering. He became Systems Manager for Geiger Associates in 1982. Tim has been a Design Engineer and Systems Manager for Geiger Engineers since the firm was founded in 1988. He became a principal of the firm in 1995.
Principal in Charge of:
- Spider-Man, Turn Off the Dark, Flying Effects Rigging, Foxwoods Theater, NY, NY.
- Aqua Theater Lifts-Le Reve Complex, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Graving Dock 2 Retractable Roof Study, Groton, CT.
- Phantom of the Opera Structural Systems, installations at various US cities.
- Dodge Minivan Flying Effects for Introduction Gala, Las Vegas, NV.
- NBC Reusable Olympic Studio Structures for the 2000 Olympics, Sydney Australia.
- Various Application Reviews of Large Touring Stadium Stages for Stageco.
- Various Application Reviews of Large Touring Stadium Stages for Brown United.
- Hydraulically actuated Automated Mobile Stage Unit.
- HERCULES Premier, New York, New York.
- NBC Olympic Studio Structure for the 1996 Olympics, Atlanta, GA.
- NBC Reusable Olympic Studio Structures for the 2002 Olympics, Salt Lake City, UT.
- Super Bowl JumboTron® Tower, Sun Devil Stadium, AZ.
Project Manager and Design Engineer For:
- BC Place Stadium Soccer Screen Deployable Canopy, Vancouver, B.C.
- Opening Ceremonies of the 2011 Pan American Games, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico.
- Carrier Module Outfitting Facility Retractable Roof, Newport News, VA
- Atlantic City Historic Convention Center Stage Grid, Atlantic City, NJ
- Cadillac Tour '96 , USA, Mobile Venue.
- 1996 Centennial Olympic Games, Opening & Closing Ceremonies Consulting, Atlanta, GA.
- Automated Arena Floor Changing System Development.
- Skyline -Cybersport Arena, 42nd Street, New York, NY.
- POCAHONTAS Premier in Central Park, New York, NY.
- Yumi Matsutoya 1995 Tour, Stage Structure.
- NBC Today Show Set, New York, NY
- Jumbotron™ Touring Deployment Tower System.
- Legends of Soccer Tour '93, Robotic Goalie Machine.
- Genesis We Can't Dance Tour 1992, Stage & Special Effects
- Yumi Matsutoya 1993 Tour, Stage and Effects.
- World Youth Day 93, Papal Stage at Mile High Stadium, Denver, CO.
- Miss Saigon , Road Production Effects.
- Phantom of the Opera , Road Production Effects.
- Octos , eight-occupant human powered scuplture.
- Metamorphosis , Sculpture, Osaka, Japan.
- Magic Garden , Sculpture, Osaka, Japan.
- Phil Collins '94 World Tour.
- Pink Floyd, Flying Effects, For "Momentary Lapse of Reason" Tour.
Design Engineer or Analyst For:
- Peng Hu Community Center, Peng Hu , Taiwan, R.O.C.
- Giants Stadium Dome Study, Meadowlands Sports Complex, East Rutherford, NJ.
- Entertainment Show Rigging, USAir Arena, Landover, MD.
- Tropicana Field (formerly the Florida Suncoast Dome),
- St. Petersburg, FL.
- Tropicana Field Entertainment Rigging, St. Petersburg, FL.
- Phil Collins Stage Set, 1990 World Tour.
- Manage and perform hardware modifications, upgrades, maintenance, diagnosis and repairs on PRIME minicomputer and peripherals and all personal computer workstations.
- Specified and installed a multiplexed high speed voice/data office LAN system.
- Specified and installed a multi-user LAN based PC architectural CAD system.
- Designed, fabricated and operated a digital data acquisition hardware system for a turbo-machinery laboratory.
Software Designer and Programmer of:
- Complete generic engineering operating environment for structural and mechanical analysis packages. System fully utilizes current state of the art windowing systems, and mathematical and graphics libraries.
- Interactive Office Management System consisting of project budgeting/management/performance, manpower allocations/projections, timesheet accounts payable with general ledger posting.
- Interactive three-dimensional input software for use with a two-dimensional digitizing graphics tablet.
- Data acquisition system for laboratories that collects data from various instrumentation and preprocesses for input into engineering analysis packages.
- Operator software for a fluid-turbo machinery laboratory that graphically represents sampled data during testing of prototype machinery.
- Assessing Existing Theater Structures and Rigging Infrastructure for Large Production Demands”, SEI Structures Congress 2011, published by the ASCE, Las Vegas, 2011